Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A leg update

So my darling doctor gave me a shoe to put over my cast, so now I can actually put a little weight on my leg! It's still very weird to do so though, but at least it's healing enough that I don't have to elevate it at work like I used to. This was me all of last week at my desk:





As you can see, it wasn't all that comfortable, but hey, it worked. So now I have a cast like the one in this picture, but also and really HUGE HEAVY UGLY shoe type thing to put over it. I feel like I'm on a Discovery Channel TV show called "The woman with the giant foot". But hey, at least I can walk... kind of. I will get better the more I try it out right? oh yeah!!

SO CRAFT SHOW UPDATES.....

First show is on the 12th (my friend Rachel's birthday too!), and my goal was to have 70 hats made for the first show. I'm up to 51, which I am very proud of, and I don't think it will be too hard to get up to 70 in just a few weeks.

Too bad my cast will still be on for that show! I get this cast/shoe off on the 14th, which is when I'll graduate to a "boot". Then 3 weeks after that I'll get that off and I'll be as good as new right?!? Not quite. Just looking at my leg today made me tremble. My muscle mass after only 2 weeks in a cast is completely gone... My calf is now as wide as my foot! Freaky!

But I will trudge (hobble) on, and eventually I'll be as good as new :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment